Our Transport Features
LMC Express transports refrigerated goods nationwide between the major centres with branches in Cape Town, Johannesburg, Gqeberha and Durban.
Our process is one of the factors that makes us highly competitive in the logistic market.
The nature of our business is a multi-collection and multi-delivery service for our various customers and we are therefore very strict with our pallet specifications.
- Pallet dimension should be 1 m x 1.2 m
- Pallet height should not exceed 1.8 m
- Pallet should be a four (4) way entry pallet
- Pallet should be shrink-wrapped.
- For security purposes, we require that the top of the pallet also be shrink-wrapped. Shrink-wrapping should be done in such a manner that the product is stable and well-protected.
- The prescribed gross weight per pallet allowed for consignments between Cape Town and Johannesburg should not exceed 950 kilograms and the prescribed gross weight per pallet allowed for consignments to and from Durban should not exceed 850 kilograms.
- Pallets should be labelled and we recommend that customers label their pallets on all four (4) sides whilst shrink-wrapping.
- Please ensure that there is no product ‘overhang’ on a pallet. Overhang leads to damaged product.
Frozen products: -25° Celsius
Chilled products: +4° Celsius
Room Temperature / Dry products: No temperature requirement
*Room temperature is a non-specific temperature, normally between 20 and 25° Celsius, generally used to indicate that an article should neither be refrigerated nor heated.
*Ambient temperature is the temperature of the air around you, inside or outside. Ambient temperature will mean the same as room temperature when indoors.
*The ideal storage temperature for chocolate is between 15 and 17° Celsius
All LMC Express vehicle bodies and trailers are insulated and have built-in automation systems that monitor the temperature at all times
At LMC Express we understand that you, the customer, would like to have your own portal where you can register, login and place orders online. From there you can also track your consignments and so on. This gives you more control since you have access to what is happening all the time.
We have created an important video explaining how to create your own portal and how it works. Just follow the link to learn more.
WE KEEP IT FRESH AND
RIGHT ON TIME
How To Choose Your Transporter
Upon considering and / or choosing a transport service provider, ensure that you make an educated decision based on the selection criteria below.
- Goods in transit insurance
- Temperature control measures
- Service deliver and flexibility